The HBL PSL Replacement Draft 2019 will be held at the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore on Thursday, 24th January. Teams will draft replacements for HBL PSL 2019 and will select their 21st player if needed.
PSL Replacement Draft 2019 Updates
Multan Sultans have picked up Andre Russell in place of injured Steve Smith
Peshawar Zalmi replace Afghanistan’s Waqar Salamkheil with West Indian batsman Andre Fletcher.
James Vince joins Multan Sultans as a replacement for Joe Denly.
Quetta Gladiators have picked Dwayne Smith as cover for Bravo who will not be available for the initial matches.
Lahore Qalandars have picked Hardus Viljoen and David Wiese to cover for the partial availability of AB de Villiers, Carlos Brathwaite and Corey Anderson.
What is the PSL Replacement Draft?
The PSL Replacement Draft is initiated in a bid to allow teams to select their 21st player and to allow the local players to showcase their skills in front of a larger audience. The draft will be held on 24th January and players who performed well at the National T20 Cup in Multan will be under consideration.
Multan Sultans will have an option to select a replacement for Steve Smith, who got injured, playing for Comilla Victorians at the Bangladesh Premier League.
The fourth edition of the PSL will commence on 14th February, 2019 in Dubai. The tournament will end on 17th March, with the final to be played at the National Stadium in Karachi. As per the schedule announced, the last eight matches of the upcoming edition will be played in Pakistan.
PSL Draft 2019 – Everything you need to know about the PSL 4 Draft
Supplementary picks Round 4
- Harris Rauf – Lahore Qalandars
- Shakeel Ansar – Multan Sultans
- Jalat Khan – Quetta Gladiators
- Jaahid Ali – Karachi Kings
- Samiullah – Peshawar Zalmi
- Rizwan Hussain – Islamabad United
Supplementary picks Round 3
- Aizaz Cheema – Lahore Qalandars
- Ali Shafiq – Multan Sultans
- Mohammad Azam Khan – Quetta Gladiators
- Liam Livingstone – Karachi Kings
- Ibtisam Sheikh – Peshawar Zalmi
- Amad Butt – Islamabad United
Supplementary picks Round 2
- Gauhar Ali – Lahore Qalandars
- Tom Moores – Multan Sultans
- Ahmed Shehzad – Quetta Gladiators
- Ben Dunk – Karachi Kings
- Chris Jordan – Peshawar Zalmi
- Zahir Khan – Islamabad United
Supplementary picks Round 1
- Brendon Taylor – Lahore Qalandars
- Dan Christian – Multan Sultans
- Harry Gurney – Quetta Gladiators
- Aamer Yamin – Karachi Kings
- Waqar Salamkheil – Peshawar Zalmi
- Wayne Parnell – Islamabad United
Multan Sultans squad for Gladiators, Zalmi and Islamabad United:
Multan Sultans squad for Sixth Team, Karachi Kings and Lahore Qalandars:
Darren Sammy to captain Peshawar Zalmi, team owner Javed Afridi announces
Emerging Round 2 picks:
- Lahore Qalandars: Maaz Khan
- Quetta Gladiators: Nasim Shah
- Karachi Kings: Abrar Ahmed
- Islamabad United: Nasir Nawaz
Emerging Round 1 picks:
- Lahore Qalandars: Mohammad Imran
- Quetta Gladiators: Ghulam Mudassar
- Sixth Team: Mohammad Ilyas
- Karachi Kings: Ali Imran
- Peshawar Zalmi: Nabi Gul
- Islamabad United: Musa Khan
Silver Round 5 picks:
- Karachi Kings: Iftikhar Ahmad
Silver Round 4 picks:
- Karachi Kings: Sohail Khan
Silver Round 3 picks:
- Quetta Gladiators: Ahsan Ali
- Karachi Kings: Aaron Summers
- Peshawar Zalmi: Jamal Anwar
Silver Round 2 picks:
- Quetta Gladiators: Danish Aziz
- Muktan Sultans : Nauman Ali
- Lahore Qalandars: Haris Sohail
- Karachi Kings: Usama Mir
- Peshawar Zalmi: Sohaib Maqsood
Silver Round 1 picks:
- Multan Sultans: Laurie Evans
- Quetta Gladiators: Mohammad Asghar
- Karachi Kings: Awais Zia
- Peshawar Zalmi: Wayne Madsen
- Islamabad United: Cameron Delport
Gold Round 2 picks:
- Multan Sultans: Nicolas Pooran
- Peshawar Zalmi: Umer Amin
- Islamabad United: Philip Salt
Gold Round 1 picks:
- Lahore Qalandars: Sandeep Lamichhane
- Multan Sultans: Qais Ahmed
- Quetta Gladiators: Fawad Ahmed
- Karachi Kings: Sikandar Raza
- Peshawar Zalmi: Dawid Malan
- Islamabad United: Samit Patel
Diamond Round 2 picks:
- Lahore Qalandars: Corey Anderson
Diamond Round 1 picks:
- Lahore Qalandars: Carlos Brathwaite
- Multan Sultans Team: Joe Denly
- Peshawar Zalmi: Misbah-ul-Haq
- Islamabad United: Ian Bell
Platinum Round 2 picks:
- Multan Sultans: Shahid Afridi
- Quetta Gladiators: Dwayne Bravo
Platinum Round 1 picks:
- Lahore Qalandars: AB de Villiers
- Multan Sultans: Steve Smith
- Lahore Qalandars: Mohammad Hafeez
- Peshawar Zalmi: Keiron Pollard
Luke Ronchi speaks exclusively with Cricingif ahead of the much-anticipated PSL draft
Zainab Abbas shares her thoughts about what lies in the store for the fans and more!
PSL Draft Timings & Pick Order
The PSL draft is set to being at 2 pm PST in Islamabad. The pick order for the PSL 4 draft is as under:
- First pick: Lahore Qalandars
- Second pick: Multan Sultans
- Third pick: Quetta Gladiators
- Fourth pick: Karachi Kings
- Fifth pick: Peshawar Zalmi
- Sixth pick: Islamabad United
PSL Draft – All the important Pre-Draft Updates
November 18, 2018
Misbah leaves United, enters the draft for next PSL edition
Former Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq has left two-time winners Islamabad United and will be available for selection in the draft which will take place on November 20.
Islamabad United announced Misbah’s departure in a press release.
November 14, 2018
Wasim Akram joins Karachi Kings as president for PSL4
Legendary pace bowler Wasim Akram has joined Karachi Kings as President.
The 53-year-old has served as a mentor for Islamabad United in the first two seasons before joining Multan Sultans as Director in the third edition.
November 13, 2018
Karachi Kings decide against retaining Shahid Afridi
Karachi Kings have released former captain Shahid Afridi ahead of the Pakistan Super League player draft, which will take place on November 20 in Islamabad.
Team Retentions for PSL Draft 2019
November 11, 2018
Corey Anderson confirms availability for Pakistan Super League Draft
Corey Anderson has signed up for the fourth edition of Pakistan Super League. The flamboyant all-rounder is placed in the ‘Platinum Category’ for the draft.
He joins AB de Villiers, Steve Smith, Rashid Khan, Colin Munro, Kieron Pollard, Dwayne Bravo and other stalwarts in the same category.
November 10, 2018
PSL 4 set to introduce mid-season trading window
Pakistan Super League (PSL) is set to introduce a mid-season trade window in the fourth edition of the tournament to be played in the UAE and Pakistan from February 14. The PSL has floated the idea of trading players in the middle of the tournament in a three-day window which is likely to be accepted by the franchises.
The trade window will be activated after each team has played minimum four matches and it will remain active for 72 hours. However, only those who have not played any match in the tournament will be eligible for trading.
November 10, 2018
PCB terminates Multan Sultans PSL contract
The Pakistan Cricket Board has terminated the PSL contract of Multan Sultans after Schon Properties failed to meet financial obligations under the agreement.
Multan Sultans will now be named as ‘The Sixth Team’ during the PSL draft set for November 20 in Islamabad. The PCB will look for fresh bids for the team through a public tender process which will allow the new owner the option of electing the franchise’s name and city.
The termination of their contract will have no impact on the next edition of the Pakistan Super League, starting on February 14 in the UAE.
November 8, 2018
Mohammad Hafeez parts ways with Peshawar Zalmi
Mohammad Hafeez has left Peshawar Zalmi after three fine seasons with the Pakistan Super League franchise.
The veteran all-rounder took to Twitter to announce his departure from the franchise. He thanked the owner, Javed Afridi, for his three-year journey and the memories.
November 3, 2018
Qalandars decide against retaining McCullum
Lahore Qalandars have decided against retaining Brendon McCullum for the upcoming edition of the league. The former New Zealand skipper took to Twitter to announce his departure with the franchise.
McCullum appeared in 18 matches for the Qalandars, leading them in two editions the Pakistan Super League. He could only manage to score 311 runs during the course of his stay.
November 3, 2018
Narine, Akmal join Gladiators
Quetta Gladiators have added Sunil Narine and Umar Akmal to their squad for the fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League. The two-time finalists traded the duo with Lahore Qalandars for Rahat Ali and Hassan Khan.
As part of the deal, Lahore Qalandars will be taking Quetta Gladiators’ first round Platinum pick and Quetta Gladiators will be getting Lahore Qalandars’ Silver round pick in the second round.
October 31, 2018
Misbah to not participate in PSL 4 as player
Former Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq will not participate in the fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League as a player. Misbah, who led the franchise to two PSL titles, has been with them since the inaugural season of the tournament back in 2016.
October 16, 2018
Sohail Tanvir leaves Multan Sultans for Quetta Gladiators
Sohail Tanvir swapped Multan Sultans for Quetta Gladiators for the fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League. This will be his fourth franchise in as many years.
In return, the Gladiators gave up their Diamond round pick to the Sultans, who will now have the second and third picks in the first Diamond round of the drafts.
October 4, 2018
Superstars named in PSL Foreign Platinum Players Draft list
Former Australia captain Steve Smith, South Africa’s AB de Villiers, Afghanistan’s spin wizard Rashid Khan, West Indian duo of Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard were all named in the list of foreign platinum players. The other notable inclusions are Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum and Imran Tahir.
Complete List of Foreign Platinum Category Players for PSL Draft 2019
AB de Villiers, Steve Smith, Chris Lynn, Brendon McCullum, Colin Munro, Luke Ronchi, Dwayne Bravo, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Imran Tahir, Mitchell McClenaghan, Thisara Perera, Rashid Khan, Colin Ingram, Corey Anderson
September 29, 2018
Five young players promoted to Platinum Category
Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf and Hasan Ali were promoted to platinum category on the back of their performances for Pakistan.
Fakhar Zaman and Babar Azam were previously in diamond category while Faheem Ashraf, Shadab Khan and Hasan Ali were initially placed in the gold category.
September 7, 2018
AB de Villiers joins Pakistan Super League
South Africa legend AB de Villiers announced his availability for the fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League. With more than 20,000 international runs under his belt, he is regarded as one of the greatest modern-day cricketers.
The fourth edition of the Pakistan Super League will commence on February 14 in the UAE. The last eight matches for this edition will be held in Pakistan (Lahore & Karachi). The final will be hosted by National Stadium Karachi on March 17.
- PSL Live Streaming
- Psl point table 2019
- Karachi Kings Squad
- Peshawar Zalmi Squad
- Lahore Qalandars Squad
- Ptv Sports live streaming
- Quetta Gladiators Squad
- PSL Draft 2019
- Karachi King Squad Players List
- Peshawar Zalmi Squad Players List
- Quetta Gladiators Squad Players List
- Lahore Qalanders Squad Playlist
- Islamabad United Squad Players List
- Multan Sultan Squad Players List
- PSL Replacement Draft 2019 Updates
- What is the PSL Replacement Draft?
- PSL Draft 2019 – Everything you need to know about the PSL 4 Draft
- Supplementary picks Round 4
- Supplementary picks Round 3
- Supplementary picks Round 2
- Supplementary picks Round 1
- Multan Sultans squad for Gladiators, Zalmi and Islamabad United:
- Multan Sultans squad for Sixth Team, Karachi Kings and Lahore Qalandars:
- Emerging Round 2 picks:
- Emerging Round 1 picks:
- Silver Round 5 picks:
- Silver Round 4 picks:
- Silver Round 3 picks:
- Silver Round 2 picks:
- Silver Round 1 picks:
- Gold Round 2 picks:
- Gold Round 1 picks:
- Diamond Round 2 picks:
- Diamond Round 1 picks:
- Platinum Round 2 picks:
- Platinum Round 1 picks:
- PSL Draft Timings & Pick Order
- PSL Draft – All the important Pre-Draft Updates
- Misbah leaves United, enters the draft for next PSL edition
- Wasim Akram joins Karachi Kings as president for PSL4
- Karachi Kings decide against retaining Shahid Afridi
- Team Retentions for PSL Draft 2019
- Corey Anderson confirms availability for Pakistan Super League Draft
- PSL 4 set to introduce mid-season trading window
- PCB terminates Multan Sultans PSL contract
- Mohammad Hafeez parts ways with Peshawar Zalmi
- Qalandars decide against retaining McCullum
- Narine, Akmal join Gladiators
- Misbah to not participate in PSL 4 as player
- Sohail Tanvir leaves Multan Sultans for Quetta Gladiators
- Superstars named in PSL Foreign Platinum Players Draft list
- Complete List of Foreign Platinum Category Players for PSL Draft 2019
- Five young players promoted to Platinum Category
- AB de Villiers joins Pakistan Super League